These areas of the parks are amazing and a must do-for even people who have never read the books or watched the films! Muggles and wizards alike will be amazed! Where else can you enjoy a Butterbeer, check out Ollivander’s Wand Shop, and see a fire breathing dragon? Get ready for an unforgettable experience!
- On-site resort package includes an hour early admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Purchase a Park to Park ticket to ride the Hogwarts Express
We are always mentioning this – many people do not realize that a park to park ticket is needed to ride the Hogwarts Express.
- Be prepared to walk and wait J
- Diagon Alley is located inside Universal Studios and Hogsmede is located in Islands of Adventure
- Ride the Hogwarts Express both ways – there is different scenery each way
- Arrive early – It gets very crowded in these part of the parks
- Purchase a Butterbeer – and a frozen Butterbeer, Yum!
- For families with older kids, or adults only , take advantage of single rider lines
- Send a postcard from the Hogsmede Post office with a special owl stamp
- Walk through Three Broomsticks to the back patio – this is an amazing view and photo spot of Hogwarts Castle!
- Hogs Head Brew also has Butterbeer and often has very short (or no) lines!
- Ollivander’s Wand shop is very popular and worth the wait to go in the shop. They will select a child (sometimes siblings) to come up and have a wand choose them. Wands are around $50 and are interactive throughout the parks. If you’re not purchasing a wand it is fun to watch others interact with different windows and locations throughout the parks. Visit Ollivander’s in Diagon Alley is bigger and the lines move faster.
- Find out times of shows each day from Universal Employees in Diagon Alley and Hogsmede – very entertaining, we won’t give anything away!
- Check out the windows at 12 Grimmauld Place in London
- Stay until evening and see the nighttime views of the areas
- Go in every shop – there’s magic in all of them!
- Enjoy the scenery – amazing details are everywhere!
Hogwarts Express from Hogsmede Station
Leaky Cauldron (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner quick service)
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Ollivander’s Wand Shop
Hogwarts Express from King’s Crossing Station in London
Three Broomsticks (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner quick service)
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Flight of the Hippogriff
Ollivander’s Wand Shop
Lindsey Lyons – Hi Ho Vacations Planner